Dibden's Family Fun Day a great success!
Last Sunday saw the staging of our Family Fun Day here at Dibden Golf Centre. The weather was just right, the event was jammed packed with lots of fun activities to keep all the family entertained and most importantly the support of new and old faces to the Centre was just tremendous! A big pat on the back to all the staff who helped to make the day a great success and especially to Jo, Sarah and Ellie for all their hard work in putting the day together. Keep your eyes peeled to our notice boards for future events and get the whole family involved here at Dibden Golf Centre.
Inter Club Results
Congratulations to the Bramshott Hill Golf Club County Seven's team who beat Liphook Golf Club last Sunday.
Do you want to play competitive golf and be part of a friendly club?
Bramshott Hill Golf Club use Dibden Golf Centre to arrange competitive play/competitions, handicaps and matches against other clubs. If you are interested in joining their club please contact Gary Hawker on his mobile: 07879673243.
Seniors Open at Dibden Golf Centre - Tuesday, 14 July
For all you competitive senior players, why not enter this very successful annual golfing tournament and have a great day on the fairways, with good company, great food and fantastic prizes! Speak to Paul in the pro shop or contact Rex Moore on 02380 893296.
Make sure you grab yourself a Pro in our Open Sweepstake!
The Open Championship is just round the corner so join today by entering our pro shop sweepstake, now available until all the players have been sold. £2 entry payable in the pro shop. Before the third major of the year we have arguably the most difficult yet to come this week with the US Open being held at Chambers Bay for the first time. Here are a few mouth dropping facts to tell your fellow playing partners on your next round at Dibden:
- Chambers Bay has been built on land used as an old rock quarry.
- The municipal course has five sets of tees ranging from 5250 to 7585 yards in length.
- Golf buggies are not allowed!
- There is only one tree on the golf course.
- During the two days of strokeplay at the 2010 US Amateur held at Chambers Bay the scoring average was 79.25 (Spieth shot 72 and 83). There were more rounds in the 90's (six) than there were under par (five). Only four players broke 70 and only Patrick Reed shot three under.
- The public course, which overlooks Puget Sound near Tacoma, will feature the three longest par fours in US Open history with the 546 yard 14th, the 537 yard 11th and the 13th at 534 yards.
Pro shop deal of the week
The new FootJoy HyperFlex golf shoe available at the pro shop NOW and including a FREE FootJoy leather belt worth £25, offer available whilst stocks last.